Grow by Repurposing Your Content
Hello there! Welcome to a new post. One of the biggest mistakes I’ve been seeing whiting bloggers, content creators and influencers is that they write different content for Instagram than they do for Facebook, their blog post, their newsletter and their YouTube videos.
Here is a little secret:
YOU ARE ALLOW TO RECYCLE YOUR CONTENT!
If you're always running out of time and ideas for content creation, you've found yourself in the right place.
PD. The blog posts contain affiliate links. These don’t cost you anything extra, but they allow us to continue running this site and providing free content for our readers. Full disclosure here.
What is repurposing content?
It’s taking something that you’ve already created and turning it into something else, for example turning a video into a blog post.
Why should you recycle your content?
By repurposing your content, you can:
· Increase your engagement and grow in different platforms, instead of just make a blog post you can turn it into a video, Instagram post, IGTV and many others, that way you will be found in all of these platforms and it will help you grow in your niche.
· Make your audience seeing you as an authority in your niche, they will find you in different platforms leading a topic and they will see you as a referent of the subject in question.
· Get your points across. Sometimes people need to hear, watch and read something to comprehend it. By providing content in different formats, you’re helping them to get your key points, and also they will consume your content the way they prefer.
· Save time!!! Spend less time creating content, which requires a lot of research instead, you should spend more time promoting content.
What type of content should you repurpose?
In my opinion, you cannot recycle all of your content, you should be focusing on those that are getting a lot of engagement, so ask yourself: how else can I use this content?
Here I will give you 10 ideas on how to repurpose your main piece of content on different platforms:
1. You can turn your YouTube videos into a blog post or in reverse:
If you have a YouTube video that is getting a lot of comments and views instead of creating new content for your blog you can recycle it, you can use web pages like Rev.com or Temi.com for transcribing your content.
2. You can transform your Facebook or Instagram live into a blog post or a LinkedIn article:
The best way to transform your live into an article is using google docs the function of voice typing, that way you can save everything you are saying on your live and use it later for another platform.
3. You can turn your main post into social media graphics:
If your main post is a YouTube video or a blog post you can transform it into different social media graphics that you can post on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and many others. For that, you can create them using Canva.
4. You can use your videos (YouTube, IGTV, podcast) and share a sound bite of it on social media:
You can crop a part of the video and share it as an Instagram story, that way you will promote the original video and it will have more views and engagement.
5. You can share positive comments or feedbacks of your main post:
Create new content using the comments that you get on your main post and later post it on social media, this also will direct people back to your video.
6. You can transform your YouTube or IGTV into a TikTok video:
Recycle a part of interest of your main video and transform it into a TikTok and it will also help people get to your main content.
7. You can create a pin for Pinterest of your main post:
Turn the information that you are posting into different pins and later pin it on Pinterest and link it back to that main post. Also, you can share for example your Instagram stories, and repurpose those into your Pinterest stories.
Another thing you can do is use the captions of your Instagram posts, and you can repurpose those into infographics, utilizing Canva list- style graphics and then post it on Pinterest.
8. You can chop up your blogpost:
Turn little fragments of your blogpost and transform it into bite-sized social media posts.
9. You can transform your main post into an Instagram carousel:
Turn your main post (YouTube video, blog post, IGTV) into an Instagram post using a carousel this is a perfect option because you can add different slights and also carousel post tends to have a really good engagement.
10. You can reuse past content:
Reshare relevant content that you already post it in other platforms, and also you can update it, for example a blog post that you wrote a month ago you can update it and add other things that you found relevant.
As you can see you have many options to transform your content into something new!
You can help yourself using apps like headliner which is a really good choice for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money and want to get some help to turn the main post into different formats.
There is another option more expensive and in my opinion is directed at those who have a business and people who have to create massive content every day, its call repurposing house.
And also if you are a beginner you can do the transformations yourself using different web pages like rev.com or temi.com, canva, google docs and many others.
I hope these tips have worked for you and help you grow while recycling content. Remember quality is above quantity!!
Enjoyed this? Pin it for later below! Follow me on Pinterest.